What you will need:
- Metal ruler width of perch
- Tree branch approximately the width of the ruler
- 2 long screws
- Can of spray paint (optional)
- Screw with eye hole at end
1. Drill two holes into the ruler, one at each end that the long screws will fit through.
2. Drill a third hole in the middle, which is where the swing will hang from.
3. Spray paint the ruler on both sides according to the spray paint directions. Allow to dry over night.
Apply another coat of paint, if necessary.
** Note: Skip this step if you think your bird will chew on the ruler!
4. Cut the tree branch to the necessary length. This depends upon the ruler size – a longer ruler will
need a longer branch size.
**Note: The finalized swing pictured above could have had a longer branch.
5. Drill pilot holes in to both ends of the branch.
6. Attach one end of the branch to the end of the ruler with the screw.
7. Then attach the other end of the branch to the other end of the ruler.
8. Attach the screw (with eye hole) through the top hole in the ruler.
9. Place in bird’s cage or any other place your bird may enjoy hanging out on this swing.
**Note: The ruler is not designed to be a chew toy for your bird!